Steptoe & Johnson
AMLAW 100 Firm
I have been through 4 internet redesigns over my career, and none even begin to approach the experience with Firmseek. Top quality people… stellar advice… an incredibly efficient process… great value for the dollar… and a level of responsiveness I have never seen from any other consultant. And the new site is still playing to rave reviews from our partners and clients. Thank you, Firmseek.
With more than 400 attorneys, Steptoe & Johnson LLP provides counsel and representation in a wide range of legal fields. With offices in Washington, New York, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Century City, London, and Brussels, the firm is especially notable for the large number of partners who have held high-level government positions.
As one of the most prominent firms in the country, Steptoe needed a site that reflected the firm's standing and positioning. Steptoe called upon Firmseek to build an entirely new online presence that would provide the messaging, flexibility, speed and navigability that the firm's previous site was lacking.
- Worked very closely with the marketing team to develop a site strategy that would scale for the firm over time. The strategy encompassed everything from the architecture to the design.
- Designed and built a highly complex database system site in record time. The new site has double-tiered navigation as well as other navigation and search options that enable site visitors to find what they want - fast.
- Automated the firm's print materials through the Firmseek Print Pilot. The materials aren't simply PDFs of web pages like some of the firm's competitors have, but typeset pages following the exact font, spacing, and layout specifications of Steptoe's print designer.
- Revamped and automated the firm's newsletter system, with numerous different newsletters being sent to thousands of subscribers each week. The Site Pilot not only powers the newsletters, but also delivers the newsletters using listserv capabilities.
- In his public announcement on the site, Steptoe Chairman, Roger Warin reflected that in addition to the new content, better navigation, and more powerful search functions, "As you explore this site, I believe you will see the energy we are enjoying as a firm . . ."